“Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots – but you have to play the ball where it lies.”
– Bobby Jones
There are many reasons why we play the beautiful game of golf: stress relief, the mental game, character building, socializing, or maybe it’s the connection between the game and everyday life that golf legend Bobby Jones highlighted so long ago. Whatever keeps you coming back, you can be sure to find it on the golf courses of Breckenridge and the surrounding county. As the snow melts, the spring sun shines through and golf season in Breckenridge ramps up in a big way. The golf courses in and around Breckenridge offer unparalleled natural beauty and a challenge for golfers of all skill levels. You can read more about the area courses below; however, the best way to discover golf in the high country is to book a tee time and experience it for yourself.
Breckenridge Golf Club
Located just a few miles north of Main Street, this is the only golf course located in the Town of Breckenridge. Often included in the annual top 20 courses in Colorado and built on an old mining encampment, the Breckenridge Golf Club offers a truly unique golf experience. The course consists of three unique 9-hole courses all designed by the Jack Nicklaus Signature team. With incredible panoramic views of the Rockies at over 9,000 feet in elevation, playing a round of golf here is a must, even for casual fans of the game. Book a tee time or learn more Book a tee time or learn more here.
Keystone Golf Course
Great golf in a spectacular mountain setting, Keystone is a world-class golf destination. Located about 15 miles northeast of Breckenridge, Keystone offers two championship 18-hole golf courses. The River Course, designed by Dr. Michael Hurzdan and Dana Fry offers a golf outing like no other. Dramatic elevation changes and breathtaking views of Lake Dillon are the signatures of the River Course.
The Ranch Course is a Robert Trent Jones, Jr.-designed course. This course is often viewed by locals and golf fanatics as the crown jewel of Summit County golf. The challenge of the links-style course design on the front nine and the unique setting of a mountain valley for the back nine all make for a golf outing you will not soon forget. To learn more about both courses and to book a tee time please click here.
Copper Creek Golf Course
Arguably the most affordable golf outing in Summit County, Copper Creek is a mountain golf experience you must enjoy for yourself. Located at the base of Copper Mountain with spectacular views of the Tenmile Mountain range, Copper Creek is an 18-hole course designed by Pete Dye. This Pete Dye course boasts the highest tee box in America at just over 9,800 feet, and you can surely expect copious amounts of bunkers. To book this unique golf outing, click here.
Breckenridge and surrounding Summit County are home to world-class golf courses. With course designs from legends like Jack Nicklaus to Pete Dye, Breckenridge and Summit County have a golf outing to suit your golf style and most importantly your golf budget. To book your golf getaway in Breckenridge visit breckenridgediscountlodging.com today!
You may be wondering; what’s there to do in a ski town during the spring? Well, as it turns out… A LOT. As we’ve been saying recently, April is the new March. Fewer crowds, amazing weather, incredible deals, sunny pow days, bluebird skies and a relaxed vibe. Still not convinced? Besides it being the best time for spring skiing, there’s a bunch of other fun stuff to do in Breck including fat biking, sledding, awesome happy hour deals, fly fishing and more!
Outdoorsy Fun 🌄
If you haven’t tried this yet, you are seriously missing out! Snow or no snow, you can fat bike year-round in Breck. This adventure-filled day starts with hopping on a fat bike, cruising around and learning some history and fun facts about the town. Then, crank it up a notch and take the winding Blue River Rec Path to Broken Compass Brewery or Breckenridge Distillery for a rewarding drink!
Check out these four awesome tubing hills in Summit County, and watch your kids have the time of their lives while racing down the hill. Better yet, make memories with them: hop in your own tube and zoom down that hill together!
Boozy Fun 🍻
Go get a behind-the-scenes look at the entire operation at Breckenridge Distillery. Not to mention the tour includes a complimentary tasting of their award-winning Bourbon, Classic Vodka and Gin. Go check this place out if you’re in the mood for delicious spirits and great company.
Go get a wine flight from the newest winery in town during happy hour, Carboy Winery, attached to Gold Pan Saloon (the oldest bar west of the Mississippi).
Enjoy an artsy happy hour with discounted studio fees and happy hour drink specials every day from 7-9pm. Get those creative juices flowing and create a masterpiece!
Convinced yet? Book your springtime vacation with us today for a fraction of the cost, fewer crowds, better deals, more snow and more FUN!
Choosing what to do or where to go on a date can sometimes be a little overwhelming. But hey, don’t sweat it – we’ve got you covered. Want to do something adrenaline-inducing? Got it. A fun night filled with drinks and music? You betcha. Something totally unique? Check. The Best of Breck team wants to share the love with you! Check out our top picks for an unforgettable time, night or day.
BE ADVENTUROUS 🌄
- Uphill Skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort: No ski pass? No problem. You don’t need a pass to skin; just follow the designated routes up the mountain and enjoy fresh tracks on the way down! (Remember, safety first!)
- Snowmobile Tours: For the ultimate snowmobile experience, sign up for a half-day or full-day excursion and get ready for an unforgettable date.
- Dog Sledding: Looking for something that’s not so extreme? Mush a team of adorable huskies in the Rockies with your loved one! Enjoy the views, make new furry friends, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Snow Coach Tours: A heated snow coach is perfect for those who want to enjoy the beauty of the Rockies in style!
- Hut Trip: Feeling bold? Get a unique backcountry experience and skin/split-board to your destination hut!
ADD BOOZE 🍻
- Take a tour of Breckenridge Distillery. It includes a tasting of their award-winning bourbon, classic vodka, and gin, so this one is kind of a no-brainer!
- Grab 2 for 1 martinis at Cecilia’s Cocktail Bar & Nightclub! In addition to Breck’s longest happy hour (from 2 – 9 pm!), they also sport a full cigar room, and an impressive selection of over 60 different single malt scotches to beat the cold if martinis aren’t your thing! Garrett is our favorite bartender and makes a mean “Satan’s Soul Patch.” It’s a must-try (if you like bourbon).
- Grab a brew. Head over to Broken Compass Brewing and try the legendary Coconut Porter or the refreshing Ginger Pale Ale.
- Hit the club. Dance the night away to the DJ’s tune at Cecilia’s or Liquid Lounge.
- Listen to live music (with a drink in hand, of course) at places like The Historic Brown, Motherloaded Tavern, Rocky Mountain Underground and The Riverwalk Center.
GET ACTIVE 🎿
- Ski (or Snowboard), Duh! The ski resort boasts an endless variety of runs to accommodate every level of skier. From well-groomed greens to epic double-black diamond playgrounds, Breckenridge Ski Resort has a lot to love.
- Ridden Fat Bike and Brewery Tour: This is the perfect date idea for the adventurous couple! Get on a fat bike (any time of year!) and ride through town. Wake up those muscles, enjoy the cool mountain air, and end the day with a drink at Broken Compass Brewing or the Breckenridge Distillery.
- Snowshoeing or Cross-country Skiing: Guided or self-guided, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing are perfect ways to break a sweat and explore the beauty around you.
- Go for a Hike: Yes, you can go hiking in the winter!
BE ROMANTIC 💕
- Head over to the Speakeasy and catch the latest movie. (They serve beer and wine, too!)
- Take a sleigh ride up the ski slopes of Breckenridge Ski Resort, or take a ride through town, and enjoy the stunning view!
- Take a stroll down Main Street and check out the beautiful views, eclectic mix of shops, and lights!
- Get pampered at the spa with a couple’s treatment.
- Find a nice overlook in town (Boreas Pass, Breckenridge Overlook, The Lodge at Breckenridge, Sapphire Point Overlook or Hoosier Pass) and watch the sunset.
GET ARTSY 🎨
- Take a pottery or glassblowing class with BreckCreate.
- Check out an art exhibition or art festival like WAVE: Light + Water + Sound, Breckenridge International Festival of Arts, International Snow Sculpture Championships, or Street Arts Festival.
- Go to a musical or comedy show at the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre.
- Test your painting skills at Ready, Paint, Fire!
- Watch a flick from the Summit Film Society at the Breck Film Fest.
Ready for an awesome date? Grab your loved one, get out there, and have FUN!
If you have little ones with you and are looking for a sitter while you go out on a date, click here for affordable child care options in Breckenridge.