Choosing what to do or where to go on a date can sometimes be a little overwhelming. But hey, don’t sweat it – we’ve got you covered. Want to do something adrenaline-inducing? Got it. A fun night filled with drinks and music? You betcha. Something totally unique? Check. The Best of Breck team wants to share the love with you! Check out our top picks for an unforgettable time, night or day.
BE ADVENTUROUS 🌄
- Uphill Skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort: No ski pass? No problem. You don’t need a pass to skin; just follow the designated routes up the mountain and enjoy fresh tracks on the way down! (Remember, safety first!)
- Snowmobile Tours: For the ultimate snowmobile experience, sign up for a half-day or full-day excursion and get ready for an unforgettable date.
- Dog Sledding: Looking for something that’s not so extreme? Mush a team of adorable huskies in the Rockies with your loved one! Enjoy the views, make new furry friends, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Snow Coach Tours: A heated snow coach is perfect for those who want to enjoy the beauty of the Rockies in style!
- Hut Trip: Feeling bold? Get a unique backcountry experience and skin/split-board to your destination hut!
ADD BOOZE 🍻
- Take a tour of Breckenridge Distillery. It includes a tasting of their award-winning bourbon, classic vodka, and gin, so this one is kind of a no-brainer!
- Grab 2 for 1 martinis at Cecilia’s Cocktail Bar & Nightclub! In addition to Breck’s longest happy hour (from 2 – 9 pm!), they also sport a full cigar room, and an impressive selection of over 60 different single malt scotches to beat the cold if martinis aren’t your thing! Garrett is our favorite bartender and makes a mean “Satan’s Soul Patch.” It’s a must-try (if you like bourbon).
- Grab a brew. Head over to Broken Compass Brewing and try the legendary Coconut Porter or the refreshing Ginger Pale Ale.
- Hit the club. Dance the night away to the DJ’s tune at Cecilia’s or Liquid Lounge.
- Listen to live music (with a drink in hand, of course) at places like The Historic Brown, Motherloaded Tavern, Rocky Mountain Underground and The Riverwalk Center.
GET ACTIVE 🎿
- Ski (or Snowboard), Duh! The ski resort boasts an endless variety of runs to accommodate every level of skier. From well-groomed greens to epic double-black diamond playgrounds, Breckenridge Ski Resort has a lot to love.
- Ridden Fat Bike and Brewery Tour: This is the perfect date idea for the adventurous couple! Get on a fat bike (any time of year!) and ride through town. Wake up those muscles, enjoy the cool mountain air, and end the day with a drink at Broken Compass Brewing or the Breckenridge Distillery.
- Snowshoeing or Cross-country Skiing: Guided or self-guided, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing are perfect ways to break a sweat and explore the beauty around you.
- Go for a Hike: Yes, you can go hiking in the winter!
BE ROMANTIC 💕
- Head over to the Speakeasy and catch the latest movie. (They serve beer and wine, too!)
- Take a sleigh ride up the ski slopes of Breckenridge Ski Resort, or take a ride through town, and enjoy the stunning view!
- Take a stroll down Main Street and check out the beautiful views, eclectic mix of shops, and lights!
- Get pampered at the spa with a couple’s treatment.
- Find a nice overlook in town (Boreas Pass, Breckenridge Overlook, The Lodge at Breckenridge, Sapphire Point Overlook or Hoosier Pass) and watch the sunset.
GET ARTSY 🎨
- Take a pottery or glassblowing class with BreckCreate.
- Check out an art exhibition or art festival like WAVE: Light + Water + Sound, Breckenridge International Festival of Arts, International Snow Sculpture Championships, or Street Arts Festival.
- Go to a musical or comedy show at the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre.
- Test your painting skills at Ready, Paint, Fire!
- Watch a flick from the Summit Film Society at the Breck Film Fest.
Ready for an awesome date? Grab your loved one, get out there, and have FUN!
If you have little ones with you and are looking for a sitter while you go out on a date, click here for affordable child care options in Breckenridge.
Watch this video to see what comes in a kitchenette at Grand Lodge on Peak 7!
Wondering how to cook a homemade meal while vacationing this holiday? There are a variety of classic holiday meals you can prepare in a small kitchenette. Although some might call for more creativity than traditional cooking, they are still delicious. We have harvested our favorite meals that can be easily made when you’re lodging with a kitchenette! Here are three tasty traditional recipes to cook in your condo:
- Ground beef (1 lb)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 orange bell pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions: Dice the onion. In the skillet provided, brown beef and add onion, salt and pepper. In the saucepan provided, combined all the beans together- Let cook for 10 minutes or until warm. Place the beans in the casserole dish provided in the Kitchenette. Cook diced tomatoes, and diced bell pepper next in the saucepan. Mix sauce in with the ground beef and onion mixture. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until bell pepper and sauce and thoroughly cooked. Pour the tomato sauce in the casserole dish and microwave for 3 minutes. Garnish with cheddar cheese and Serve!
Chicken and Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 packet of instant hollandaise sauce
- 2 lemons
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
Directions: Add olive oil to skillet and filet chicken breasts over medium heat for 12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Squeeze lemon juice from lemon over each breast and add salt and pepper to taste. Cover over low heat, flip and repeat until chicken is cooked. In a casserole dish, place asparagus and drizzle with olive oil. Cover the dish and cook in the microwave for 6 minutes. (Time may vary). Follow directions on the hollandaise package and drizzle over asparagus before serving.
Spaghetti and Italian Sausage
- 1 package of spaghetti
- 1 jar of your favorite sauce
- ground Italian sausage (1 lb)
- Parmesan cheese
Directions: In the pot provided, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti, and follow instructions on the box. Strain the pasta when cooked and place in the mixing bowl or casserole dish. In the saucepan provided, place Italian sausage over medium heat for 9 minutes or until sausage is cooked thoroughly. Place spaghetti sauce in the sauce pan and cook until the sauce is warm. Place the ground Italian sausage in the spaghetti sauce. Cook together until warm for serving and pour mixture over spaghetti. Mix together and garnish with Parmesan cheese. An easy to prepare salad mixture will also go great with the spaghetti!
There are endless possibilities of recipes to cook in your studio equipped with a kitchenette. Let the staff at #BestofBreck help you find hassle free dinners to prepare while you enjoy time with your friends and loved ones. Do you already have a kitchenette-friendly meal that you enjoy cooking? Share your recipes with us in the comments below!
There is nothing better than the sweet smell of fresh turkey, savory gravy, and homemade pie. Tack on a couple days of skiing, fresh snow and nights huddled by the fire and you’ve got yourself a true Breckenridge Thanksgiving! Here at Best of Breck, we have complied a list of all the Thanksgiving dinner options to enjoy on your Thanksgiving getaway!
Spencer’s: If you’re looking for a Thanksgiving spread that is sure to have every traditional dish and more, Spencer’s is the place to be. Start off with a display of soups, then load up your plate with turkey, ham, prime rib and an array of sides. Make sure to save room for the cheesecake, pies, and chocolate cake!
$49.00 adult / $29.00 kid
11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Hearthstone: Fine dining meets a 4-course harvest at the Hearthstone. Known for their incredible dishes, the Hearthstone is sure to make your tummy full and Thanksgiving cravings filled. Menu is TBD check here for updates!
$52.00 adults / $22.00 kid
Time: 9 p.m.
Call 970-453-1148 for reservations
Blue River Bistro: A local’s favorite in Breck, Blue River is a great option with a 3-course meal. Start with a truffle pea soup, then a hearty Thanksgiving plate, topped off with pumpkin cheesecake.
$32 adults / $15 kid
Time: 4 p.m.
BoLD: serving a traditional 3 course Thanksgiving dinner. Starting with a warming bowl of our soup du jour, it will continue with a classic Thanksgiving lineup of turkey with all of the trimmings, and apple or pumpkin pie for dessert – if you’ve still got room. Don’t fancy turkey? They will also be serving their usual menus as well.
$30 adults / $15 kid
Time: 1 p.m.
Sevens Restaurant: Located at the base of Peak 7, this restaurant is offering a 3-course meal with outstanding views. Ski right on in to Sevens for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. Menu is still TBD. Call (970) 496-8910 for details.
*Price is still to be determinded
Time: 2 p.m.
Other Thanksgiving Day specials
Robbie’s Tavern – 212 Grandview Dr, Breckenridge, CO 80424 |970-547-8785
Quandary Grill – 505 S Main St C1, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 547-5969
Eric’s – 111 S Main St, Breckenridge, CO 80424 | (970) 453-1401
For lodging specials, Click below!
For lodging specials, Click below!