What’s there to do in Breck when the slopes are closed? Well, there are actually endless possibilities. One of our favorite things to do incorporates some of our favorite activities: biking, hiking and drinking! That’s right! Get your drinking shoes on, because the staff at BOB is bringing you the Best of Breck’s boozey tours! Without further ado, we present our top quests to quench all thirsts:
1. RIDDEN offers local fat bike tours daily at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. all year long! Roll around town and along the scenic Blue River Rec Path on a high performance fat bike while checking out points of interest and Breckenridge history as you make your way to breweries, a distillery, the BreckCreate Arts District and more! Click on the link above to book your tour today!
- Broken Compass Brewery: Situated 3.5 miles North of downtown, Broken Compass is a local favorite for enjoying tasty brews with friends and family, offering a causal atmosphere with community-style seating. Brewery tours are scheduled on arrival and a taster is included in with the fat bike tour package. Return transportation is provided and the total cost is $59.99.
- Breckenridge Distillery: This nationally renowned and award-winning distillery offers fun, educational tours on their process from distillation to bottling, opportunities to watch master distillers in action, two tasting rounds which include vodkas, gin, spiced rum, bourbon and bitters. Return transportation is provided and the total cost is $59.99.
- Art, Food & Wine: Coming Soon! Casually ride through Breckenridge’s historical Arts District and enjoy samples from local eateries as you discover hidden art gems and learn about Breck’s culture and origins.
2. Behind Swinging Doors Saloon Tour runs every Friday at 5 PM and only costs $15 per person. This is a fun and unique way to experience Breck’s notorious nightlife, learn about our town’s mining (and drinking) history and (who could forget) enjoy some libations! For an extra $5, you can get a commemorative Breckenridge Heritage Alliance and Breckenridge Distillery flask, because who doesn’t like a good old road soda? Visit the link above for more information.
3. Distillery Tours are FREE at the Breckenridge Distillery on Airport Road and run daily from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the hour and half hour. A guide will join you on a walk around the distillery with complimentary tastings of various custom crafted spirits. The Distillery also offers after-hours VIP tours for groups of up to 20 people after 6 p.m. for a private experience and a comprehensive explanation of the company’s history and the science of distilling. You will also receive exclusive opportunities to sample unique products that haven’t been released to the public! Visit the link above for pricing. If you’re looking for something quicker, head to Main Street where they have the Downtown Tasting Room with free samples of all of their award-winning spirits.
4. A Summit County Brewery Tour runs daily at 11:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and starts right at your front door, where the van picks you up as you ride in style on a five to six hour tour chalked full of thirst-quenching craft brews and customized fun for your group at each brewery. Joel Godfrey will chauffer and host you on your journey to each pub and brewery. There’s even a Colorado-themed trivia contest with prizes! For less than $100 per person, you will receive a free pint of beer AND free dining options at each stop along the way. FREE PINT OF BEER of your choice at each brewpub, plus FREE DINING options ranging from appetizers to full lunch platters! Visit their site link above or call them at (970) 468-7777.
What are you waiting for? Book your stay today at BreckenridgeDiscountLodging.com and come thirsty for some fun!!